To deliver flawless and efficient execution of MKR services to our clients.
The Account Director is responsible for the development of ongoing business relationships from the prospect stage through existing account management. The position is responsible for overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of the agency’s services. The Account Director is not only expected to lead our client engagements, but to also act as a pillar of support, strategy and encouragement for the entire team working on their accounts.
The Account Director is a leader charged with pursuing the success and happiness of our clients. This role is expected to quickly learn our clients’ business and become intimately familiar with the factors that drive our clients toward success. The Account Director is focused on, and mindful of, opportunities to impact and help drive the professional and personal success of each of our individual client contacts. Making our clients look like heroes in the eyes of their colleagues is central to our success.
The Account Director proactively identifies opportunities to grow relationships with our clients by helping them solve their problems, and ensuring the agency is appropriately and profitably compensated for those solutions. The ability to be both persuasive and helpful is vital to success in this aspect of the role.
- Manage solid client relationships and provide key strategic initiatives/thinking.
- Drive account growth, client satisfaction and retention through the identification of client requirements and development of marketing programs to deliver business results in collaboration with the team and discipline leads.
- Interfaces with very high-level client contacts such as the Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Marketing.
- Act as agency lead on cross-agency integrated marketing programs, by participating in multi-agency briefs and work sessions, contributing to the overall planning process, representing the interactive opportunity, defining interactive tactics within programs/campaigns, and creating campaign plans.
- Manage account P&L from negotiating statements of work and retainers to making sure work is delivered on-budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms, and increasing ROI for the agency.
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of the account such as those of clients, internal goals and teams.
- Serve as a new business resource and actively pursue new revenue sources as well as participate in the strategic development of new business such as RFP responses and proposal writing.
- Lead accounts with minimal guidance, supported by the senior management team.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch revenue goals.
- Encourage a positive, harmonious attitude among supervised personnel.
- Seen by the client as the main advocate within MKR; seen by colleagues as the main advocate when interacting with clients.
- Brings enthusiasm to work every day, along with perspective.
- Proven negotiation skills experience, especially contract negotiations, with both clients and partners.
- Excellent public speaking skills and experience.
- Understands communications and integrated marketing (earned, owned and paid).
- Comprehends social media, digital and traditional marketing initiatives and can successfully manage program execution and day-to-day implementation.
- Knowledge of quality assurance process.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients by gaining trust and repeated successful delivery of expectations.
- Aptitude to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and media. A basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, journalism.
- Thorough knowledge of the dynamics of digital and interactive. How each digital and interactive element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing.
- Ability to use alternative analytical approaches to solve digital/interactive/marketing problems.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write full range of instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small- and large-group situations to customers, clients, members of senior management, prospective clients and other employees of both the agency and the client organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Comfort with — and demonstrated ability to manage — complexity.
- Personal computer proficiency, including G Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- 7 to 10 years in the industry or related experience in developing interactive projects and managing large creative team and clients.
- Demonstrated experience running large engagements with large clients or equivalent.
- Experience with various projects types, including web, mobile, video, brand and strategic consulting.
- Proven track record of managing multiple accounts and campaigns successfully.
- Excellent verbal, written, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Broad campaign experience, including digital and traditional marketing and demand generation helpful.
- Prior agency experience preferred.
- Public relations understanding a plus.