Drive account growth, client satisfaction and retention
Account Supervisors are responsible for maintaining and growing the relationship with our clients by helping them solve their problems, and ensuring the agency is appropriately and profitably compensated for those solutions. The Account Supervisor ensures client needs are met by monitoring and guiding junior account team members’ activities, and by maintaining an effective level of direct contact with clients.
The Account Supervisor needs a solid background in mid- to senior-level marketing positions and/or demonstrated superior performance as an account manager. The Account Supervisor is expected to quickly learn our client’s business and become intimately familiar with what drives that business—and our client teams—towards success. The Account Supervisor focuses on, and is mindful of opportunities to impact and help drive the professional and personal success of each of our client contacts. Making our clients look like heroes in the eyes of their colleagues is central to our success.
The Account Supervisor is not only expected to lead our client engagements, but to also act as a pillar of support, strategy, and encouragement for the entire team working on their accounts—ensuring client success, as well as preserving the MKR team’s enthusiasm about client work. Account Supervisors proactively identify opportunities and grow relationships with our clients. The ability to be both persuasive and helpful is vital to success in this aspect of the role.
- Drive account growth, client satisfaction and retention through the identification of client requirements and development of marketing programs to deliver business results in collaboration with the team and/or executives.
- Effectively supervise accounts with the primary goal being the achievement of clients’ marketing objectives.
- Demonstrate leadership in preparation and conduct of account and client meetings.
- Manage account P&L from negotiating statements of work and retainers to making sure work is delivered on-budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms, and increasing ROI for the agency.
- Ensure that team members know, and are following, established agency account management procedures, i.e., file management, approval process, status reports, etc.
- Provide clients with unsolicited, team-generated ideas on improving their business.
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of an account such as those of clients, internal goals and teams.
- Serve as a new business resource and actively pursue new revenue sources as well as participate in the strategic development of new business such as RFP responses and proposal writing.
- Lead accounts with minimal guidance, supported by the senior management team.
- Act as agency lead on cross-agency integrated marketing programs, by participating in multi-agency briefs and work sessions, contributing to the overall planning process
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch revenue goals.
- Encourage a positive, harmonious attitude among agency executives and staff.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of production, media, and other budgets and estimates for client approval.
- Assist in the accurate and timely processing of client billing.
- Brings enthusiasm to work every day, along with perspective.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be a strong and confident presenter.
- Effectively present the agency’s recommendations and point-of-view to clients.
- Ensure that accurate notes are taken at meetings so that key points and required action steps are concisely summarized in conference reports.
- Ensure that conference reports, status reports, etc., are accurate, distributed appropriately, and on a timely basis.
- Have the ability to write and prepare marketing communications plans and proposals.
- Maintain direct, timely, and appropriate communications with clients.
- 7+ years of advertising agency experience that provides an understanding of marketing, media, creative, digital, production, research, etc.
- Beer and/or CPG experience would be a big plus.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Financial management.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Full understanding of the principles of marketing communications planning.
- Strong writing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is mandatory.